Monday, September 28, 2009

Developments in the Kelder Family

My grandma is not doing well. She's had heart problems for awhile now, late last week she was taken to the hospital with fluid in her lungs and kidneys, which are all symptoms of heart failure. A few months ago, she had to move out of her duplex and into an apartment in a retirement community, which was pretty difficult for her. Over the weekend, after being released from the hospital, she had to move from there to a nursing home. While in the process of moving, she said, "This is my last move. After this, the only move I'll make is (and then she pointed up)." Yesterday, my parents got a call from my uncle that Grandma seemed to be quickly moving towards the end. She's in a lot of pain, they're giving her morphine, and my parents are awaiting the call that they should go to her right away. She's ready to go, and has been for awhile - but just pray for comfort and peace.

Meanwhile, my brother, Brian, had baby number 2 this morning! At 7:40 a.m. (Eastern - which is weird because my clock is turning to 7:40 a.m. Pacific at this very moment...), Eliza Grace Kelder was born. Everyone is healthy and happy! Andrew (my nephew) can already say her name (minus the z).

As my mom said in an e-mail this morning, "My Mom, your Grandma, is on her deathbed at the very same time Christy is in labor. Both are in pain, and soon both will experience a wonderful new life. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away!"

No comments: