Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hooray!

I beat Olga! I was informed last night that I got the babysitting job. So, starting for sure by the end of the month (maybe sooner), I'll be working two full days a week with great hours and great pay. SUCH an answer to prayer, and a very encouraging way for us to leave sunny Southern California for 35-degree-and-snowy Detroit, MI. We're very excited about the good news and relieved to know that at least some income is coming our way. :)

Hooray!

In other news, we bought a paper shredder. This whole social security number fiasco has us very paranoid, so we're now shredding everything that has any hint of personal information on it before we recycle it. So if you want my identity, too bad for you. It's shredded.

And today we're spending the day getting ready for the big meeting. I'm very nervous and jittery and have to keep doing things or I'll go absolutely nuts. But, we keep thinking of things we need to do before we leave, like buy airplane-friendly toiletries, make sure we have all our paperwork in order, rearrange the apartment so Charlie can't leave the kitchen, get Jeremy some clothes for the interview, etc. etc. etc. And, sadly, we're missing a hiking excursion in order to do so. (Thanks for asking, though, Peter!)

And now Charlie is begging to go outside, so I better take him before we have a mess on the floor. Hopefully next time I post on here, I'll be married to a Legal Permanent Resident of the United States of America! :) (Please, Lord? Please?)

2 comments:

Hehoff said...

Did Olga give you the fat lip?

anna said...

Congratulations! So happy for you. :)