Thursday, July 3, 2008

Latest News

If you read my husband's blog it's okay to feel that he outshines me in both depth of subject and writing proficiency today (although I did just use the word "proficiency," which gives me some points, I think...), but that's okay. I'll let him win this time.

This morning I went to work and found the building completely dark and empty, except for one man on his cell phone saying, "This is just a nightmare..." It turns out that the giant thunderstorm which flooded our backyard last night also cut out all the power in the seminary, and no one could work that day. So - surprise! I have a day off today! Which is nice, because my poor husband is sick, and so is my puppy(?), so I don't mind being home with the two of them.

Meanwhile, tomorrow is the 4th of July, and while I've never been a hugely patriotic person, to be honest, I always have enjoyed the 4th. And the 4th of July always makes me want to sit outside and eat brats, so I bought some this morning. And some beer. We have no plans tomorrow at all, so Jeremy and I will just hang out, eat brats, drink beer, and maybe hit some fireworks.

I'm also getting my hair cut today. Pretty significantly, I decided. So, next time any of you see me, I will look different.

And that's my latest news. :)

But, of course, I have more pictures. So - here's Charlie! :)




No comments: